Satellite Operation Controller 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The NOALS team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Satellite Operation Controller 3 based out of Schriever AFB in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
- Establish voice, messaging, and data communications for multiple- satellite programs of varying priorities and classifications.
- Configurations and monitoring of displays for computer and network equipment during normal mission operations.
- Troubleshoot end-to-end communication issues.
- Multi-program coordination and scheduling using COTS software tools.
- Determination of any anomalous conditions and providing corrective actions as required.
- Generation of downtime reports and other associated documentation for operational outages.
- Support to various operations status, engineering review and problem boards.
- Identification of areas of concern, issues, inefficiencies, and other non-value added activities, as well as proven recommended solutions.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Qualifications - External
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years; associate's degree and 2 years of experience; or additional education and/or related experience in direct flight operations, ground control operations, or ground processing operations.
- Experience conducting satellite operations with the Air Force Satellite Control Network in a real-time operations environment.
- Experience monitoring the activities of satellites.
- Familiarity with satellite ground systems, including hardware, software, and communications architecture.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, demonstrated by frequent and successful application of technical standards, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Familiar with UNIX and Windows-based computer systems.
- Willingness and ability to work multiple shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as well as overtime.
- Ability to create and follow standard processes and clearly document results.
- Able to distinguish the difference between colors on a computer monitor. (specifically red, blue, and green).
- Active TS/SCI (access) security clearance.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree within a technical degree in a related discipline with 0 years of experience and/or other
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with users, customers, management and engineering personnel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable using intercom systems, in addition to phone systems, as a frequent medium for communications.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top