SAS Developer- Health IT
Northrop Grumman technology services sector is seeking a SAS Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government's largest civilian agency. Emphasis of the position will be on providing technical and development support to the government client to build and maintain a stable and scalable infrastructure, in support of the Analytics Research center (ARC) platform.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the SSA.
Description of Work:
- Provides technical and development support to the government client to build and maintain a stable and scalable infrastructure, in support of the Analytics Research center (ARC) platform
- Design and prepare technical specifications. Assist in project artifact documentation in business requirement documents, functional specs, flow charts and system architectures source to target mappings etc.
- Enable governments plan, design, development, validation, integration, and implementation Fraud analysis or any related applications
- Oversees business/user requirements efforts as part of a full systems development lifecycle and provide critical technical recommendations/ solutions for complex problems.
- Directs the business process engineering and/or business/user requirements efforts for major projects
- Leads and/or directs the efforts of specialists on project(s) across components and/or technical areas
- Act as self-starter with the ability to take on complex projects and analyses independently. Ensure secure coding practices are adhered to in all phases of the secure development lifecycle.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Master's degree and 12 years of experience, Bachelor's degree in computer science and 14 years of related work experience, or 18 years of related work experience will satisfy degree and experience requirement.
- 3 years of experience working with the SAS products Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner, Office Analytics, EDI etc.
- 3 years of experience working with the Mainframe and Mainframe SAS etc.
- 2 years of experience with SAS visual analytics tool.
- 2 years of experience data ingestion technologies with reference to relational databases (i.e. DB2, Oracle, SQL)
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident.
- Must be able to obtain position of Public Trust designation.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- 1 year of experience using Hadoop ecosystem - HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, HBase, Hive and Pig.
- 1 year of experience with the inherited DataFlux Data Management Studio.
Experience with object oriented programming in core java, JEE technologies and related libraries - JDBC/Hibernate, JMS and Spring.
- Experience with Apache Hadoop Administration (Preferred Cloudera Framework).
- Experience with Linux Administration (Centos and Red Hat).
- Experience with statistical modelling tools.
- Experience with Data Presentation/Visualization tools (e.g. Tableau or QlikView)
- Knowledge of Revolution Analytics (R) or similar analytics tools
- Proven ability to work with senior technical managers and staff to provide expert-level support for the installation, maintenance, upgrading, and administration of full-featured database management systems
- Knowledge of leading-edge technologies, new methodologies, and best practices applicable to work performed.
- Experience with development methodologies using different software languages
- Knowledge of SSA's Enterprise Architecture
- Experience with Section 508 Compliance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top