SAS Administrator- Health IT
Northrop Grumman technology services sector is seeking a SAS Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge enterprise network security. Position is responsible for providing engineering services in support of an enterprise-wide environment in one of the Federal Government's largest civilian agency. Emphasis of the position will be on providing day-to-day administrator support for maintaining a stable and scalable SAS Data Analytics Platform (DAP) and products installed on the platform.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the SSA.
Description of Work:
- Provide day-to-day administrator support for maintaining a stable and scalable SAS Data Analytics Platform (DAP) and products installed on the platform.
- Lead efforts in defining and setting up working environments for various customer engagements that will be utilizing the SAS Application platform.
- Lead efforts in developing policies and procedures for ensuring optimal operability of the DAP environment.
- Conduct reviews and define strategies for configuring and implementation SAS Application Tools that best meet the customer requirements and environment.
- Provide recommendations and assistance to researchers and analysts who are exploring and utilizing the latest SAS Data Analytics capabilities.
- Work with customers to understand and define project security, data, and operational requirements.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Master's degree and 12 years of experience, Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree and 14 years of related work experience; 18 years of related work experience will satisfy degree and experience requirement
- 8 years of hands-on experience as a SAS Administrator working with SAS products on a Windows platform
- Expertise and experience in managing SAS Application and Operating System level security, managing SAS Configuration Files, planning and scheduling SAS processes, integrating PIV card and Active Directory Authentication,
- Experience managing multi-tier SAS platform with products listed under SAS Data Analytics Platform (DAP) that includes SAS EBI, EDM, EM, Forecaster, Model Manager and Visual Analytics
- Experience in setting up Data Access in SAS, including registering libraries and tables in the metadata, updating table metadata, setting up data access, and troubleshooting data access
- Experience with different SAS servers and troubleshooting potential configuration problems
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with DB2 database preferred
- Experience with SSL encryption of mid-tier information preferred
- Experience using a formal, software development lifecycle methodology
- Knowledge of SSA Enterprise Architecture
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Visio applications
- Knowledge of 508 accessibility standards
- General knowledge of Project Management concepts
- Excellent communication skills and be effective technical writing skills
- Proactive self-starter
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top