RF/Analog Test Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking RF/Analog Test Engineer 2 to join our Avionics & Tactical Networks (ATN) teams located at the Rancho Carmel and Kearny Mesa campuses in San Diego, California.
We deliver complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers." Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Hands on Assembly and Testing.
• Analyze failure trends and root cause/corrective actions.
• Designs, Develops, and Implements testing methods and equipment.
• Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed.
• Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes or new testing requirements.
• Responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
• Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering or other STEM related technical discipline with 2 years experience.
• Familiarity with basic concepts of analog and RF circuit design and troubleshooting.
• Familiar with all common lab test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzer, DMMs, etc.
• Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• Effective oral and written communicator.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to coordinate and work on a large number of tasks simultaneously.
• Highly motivated and quick learning individuals.
• Strong ability to quickly analyze, isolate, troubleshoot, and fix problems with RF, digital, and power supply circuitry.
• Knowledge of automated test equipment design and architecture for low volume production lines.
• Ability to work and thrive in high paced production environments.
• Knowledge of manufacturing work flow and MRP systems or similar.
• Ability to read and understand schematic, netlist, and gerber data.
• Experience working with TestStand and LabVIEW based ATE.
• Ability to work with part vendors on root cause and corrective action for failing products.
• Ability to create and maintain test procedures, troubleshooting guides and troubleshooting logs.
• Experience or ability to lead/train test technicians.
• Experience in electronics manufacturing is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top