RF Test Engineer 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems seeks an entry level RF Test Engineer to work with our Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) team which is an operating unit within the Communications division located at the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation’s business focus area on Communications, we are the “equipment providers.” Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm’s way.
We are seeking a person who is interested in Test Engineering with a digital circuit background. The selectee will work on the Joint Strike Fighter project, and will support the development, integration, testing, and production of Joint Strike Fighter digital avionic products. The selectee’s activities will range from hands-on assembly and testing, to analysis of failure trends, and root cause/
corrective action. Designs, develops, and implements testing methods and equipment. Plans and arranges the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Provides test area with parameters for sample testing and specifies tests to be performed. Compiles data and defines changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements. And responsible for testing all customer samples and for special tests that cannot be performed in the test area.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or STEM related engineering discipline with 0-2 years experience.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of analog and RF circuit design and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with all common lab test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzer, DMMs, etc.
- Strong ability to quickly analyze, isolate, troubleshoot, and fix problems with digital circuitry.
- Knowledge of automated test equipment design and architecture for low volume production lines.
- Ability to work and thrive in high paced production environments.
- Effective oral and written communicator.
- Working knowledge of microprocessor based designs and how to troubleshoot.
- Working knowledge of Xilinx FPGA based designs for Software Defined Radios.
- Knowledge of Altera products a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to read and understand schematic, netlist, and gerber data.
- High-level knowledge of sample-data systems and signal processing for voice communications.
- Experience working with TestStand and LabView based ATE.
- Experienced giving PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to work with part vendors on root cause and corrective action for failing products.
- Ability to coordinate and work on a large number of tasks simultaneously.
- Highly motivated and quick learning individual.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Ability to work flex and overtime hours.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top