RF Test and Development Engineers - Weekday 2nd shift - All Levels
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come.
Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Help shape the future while working with the most advanced radar systems in the industry. Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector Antenna Test organization is seeking RF Test and Development Engineers to be an instrumental part of Northrop Grumman's Engineering Team at ourLinthicumcampus.
You must be able to work 2nd shift weekdays.Secondshift hours do qualify for a 10% shift differential. Second shift starts around 3pm.
Roles and responsibilities include:
RF Test equipment development for production and engineering antenna testing
Write software for controls of RF Test equipment
Troubleshoot RF issues during test of advanced antenna systems
Support technicians with troubleshooting and training
Analyze test data and identify early trends
Collaborate with design engineering for hardware and test improvements
The ability to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance is required for this job. An Interim Secret clearance is required to start the job; if you do not currently have a clearance, a contingent offer may be made so you can start the job once you have an Interim Secret clearance. We would sponsor you for this clearance. Typically it takes about 6 weeks for an Interim Secret clearance to be granted.
- BS Degreeor higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science - or other closely related STEM area - plus a minimum of 2 months of relevant experience
- Software development using some of the following: Matlab or C or C++
- RF design or RF test background with hands on troubleshooting experience;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. This requires US citizenship. An Interim Secret clearance is required to start the job.
- Ability to work 2nd shift weekdays, which starts around 3pm.
- Software development experience for automating test equipment
- Experience with and/or understanding of antenna fundamentals
- Test development experience in a Nearfield and/or Compact Antenna Range
- Experience with RF measurement test equipment such as: receivers, sources, mixers, amplifiers, network analyzers, or
- Currently cleared to Special Access Program (SAP) level
- Security clearance investigation date within the last 5 years
Key words; Nearfield range, Compact range, Farfield range, NSI-MI, Orbit, Antenna test
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top