RF Payloads Modeling Lead - Engineer 5
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Systems Engineering Organization within the Aerospace Systems Engineering has an opening for a Systems Engineer5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Space Park Center of Excellence to include Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach and El Segundo CA.
This person develops new and/or integrates existing system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models. Simulates real-time operations and develops software that simulates behavior of systems. Develops integrates and uses advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools. Models operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures. Performs operational analysis and mission effectiveness analysis.
- Leads analysis of space RF payload concepts and performance evaluation of payloads, including comparisons of payload and subsystem offerings from NGAS, NGMS, NGIS, our competitors and suppliers.
- Leads Development of and maintains models of RF and other types of space and airborne payloads. Trains SA&S engineers on use of models. Applies best practices to consolidate and provide payload models to emerging captures and new programs.
- Models operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
- Provides link margins, network models, and other inputs to campaign level simulations.
- Understand and model key performance parameters for space RF and other types of communications payloads.
- Coordinates and collaborates with space and other division leads to support captures and mission concept studies.
- Understand capability to model RF payloads across the company, know and collaborate with other payload engineers and modeling leads across NG.
- Perform architecture analysis in support of new and emerging concepts, develop briefings and present results to executive leadership, stakeholders, and customers.
- Collaborate and coordinate with functions and business focus areas and division business development leads to perform engineering analysis in support of strategic pursuits and strategy development.
- Mentor and train new and junior engineers to translate physics and/or mathematics into computer algorithms, models, and simulations and perform mission analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABETaccredited university and14+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
-Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and12+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
-PhD Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 9+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment
- Experience with modeling, simulation, test, and verification of RF and communications space payloads, in X, Ku, K, Ka, Q bands.
- Proficiency in Matlab, Excel.
- An active Top Secret clearance with SCI is required.
- Experience with multiple types of RF and Communications payloads with Space, Air and ground applications.
- Experience with AFSIM, XPatch, Simulink, computer software development (C#, C++, Python).
- Ability to develop computer visualizations of physics/math models using a current programming language is preferred
- Proficiency in and/or technical understanding of Northrop Grumman and government operational analysis models is preferred.
- Ability to gain clearances for Special Access Programs.
- PhD in electrical engineering or similar discipline.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top