RF Microwave Test Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman is looking for a motivated self-starting RF Test Engineer working in the RF Microwave Design Engineering Group. Working with the latest technologies that make up our commercial and military electronic systems, this position offers a unique multifaceted opportunity to work with a highly talented team in the design and test of everything from RF MMICs on wafer, transmit and receive module assemblies, low noise amplifiers, converters, power amplifiers, to the latest in module-on-a-chip, and system-on-a-chip designs.
Interfacing with design engineers, test technicians and factory test personnel, you will design, implement and support test automation systems to verify product performance. In addition, you will provide the hardware and software required for engineering testing of high frequency MMIC and module prototype designs. This testing includes design verification, break outs and acceptance of state-of-the-art electronic devices.
- Hardware design to include simple analog/digital interfacing circuits and cabling
- Hands on troubleshooting using RF and digital measurement tools
- Developing software to control the device under test and test instrumentation
- Design graphical user interface for the operator
- Assembling/debugging the test system and device under test
- Computer networking
- Data handling using SQL databases
- Ability to manage time effectively in a multitasking environment
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering with 2 years of related experience or a Master's degree with 0 years experience
- Experience Interpreting schematic diagrams
- Knowledge of electronic hardware troubleshooting, object-oriented programming preferably in C#, MATLAB or LabWindows and RF devices and test methods
- Understanding of RF test equipment and measurements such as S-parameters, Noise Figure, SOI/TOI, and Stability
- Must be able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Demonstrate self-initiative and have the ability to work independently
- Have strong interpersonal skills (able to work in a highly dynamic team environment)
- Ability to communicate information using standard Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, Office, Power Point, Project and Visio.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Experience in DxDesigner/Expedtion
- Minor in Computer Science or equivalent
- Simple analog/digital schematic design/capture
- Knowledge of Visual Studio/C#
- Experience with digital control systems
- Hands-on experience in the design of automated test systems, and the involved Hardware/Software
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top