RF & Microwave Engineering Manager -2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a RF & Microwave Engineering Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
Candidate will be responsible for functional management of the RF and Microwave engineering group encompassing RF, Microwave, Antenna and Radiometer system design, analysis and test areas within the Hardware Engineering organization. The group is also in the process of expanding two RFMW laboratories' capabilities. The selected candidate will be responsible for deployment of resources to programs, maintaining department processes, customer interfaces, mentoring, performance evaluation, coordinating activities and career development of department members. Position requires approximately 80% direct support to one of the IR or Microwave remote sensing space programs and 20% support for functional management.
For this specific engineering position, the successful applicant will require experience in design, analysis, integration & test of several of the following areas:
- RF and MW hardware design and analysis
- mmW Receiver design and development
- Microwave sensors
- Radiometer subsystems
- Antenna, Reflector-based antenna and quasi-optical antenna systems
Candidate will interface with multiple disciplines such as program management, electrical, mechanical and system engineering, procurement, subcontractors and manufacturing. Specific assignment may include one or more of the following areas: RF and Microwave hardware design/I&T, Antenna subsystem design/I&T, interface design, design analysis and/or leading a product development team in the areas of remote sensing or IR/visible focal planes. The candidate must be capable of designing to requirement specifications, performing trade studies, and generating design documents.
Team engagement and diversity characterize a key focus of fostering best culture for our employees. The ability to mentor, provide career guidance and coaching, and to lead others is required. The ideal candidate should be a strong communicator with the ability to connect to direct reports on multiple levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Physics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in RF and Microwave Design and Development
- Experience in leading project and/or tiger teams
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance as well as special program access is required. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Master's or PhD in closely related Engineering or Science discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of experience developing and delivering RF, Microwave, and Antenna systems
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher.
- At least 2 years of experience in a functional management role
- Experience with data acquisition (DAS), communications systems (COMM), component/part design (expert in at least one of these three), formal anomaly investigation and troubleshooting experience (FRACAS, RCA&CA, FRB)
- Expert in one of the following disciplines: RF and Microwave circuit design, test, and analysis; mmW Receiver, component design, test, and analysis; Microwave sensors and Radiometer system applications, analysis and testing, Antenna design, Antenna range operations, broad band/Narrow band feed horn design, test, and analysis; HFSS modeling and design for RFMW component, subsystems.
- Successful track record as CAM and/or lead for an Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Proficiency in RF, Microwave, and Antenna design & analysis processes for DOD space programs, formal anomaly investigation and troubleshooting (FRACAS, RCA&CA, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent organization skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tool suite
- Familiarity with RFMW analytical tools such as HFSS, CST, ADS.
- Familiarity with use of lab instruments such as oscilloscope, spectrum/Network analyzer, signal generator, compact Antenna Range.
- Demonstrated leadership of diverse/inclusive teams
Back to top