RF Microwave Design Engineer 4 (Synthesizer & PLL)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking an RF Microwave Design Engineer 4 (Synthesizer & PLL) to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Responsibilities range from designing, analyzing, and testing phase locked loops, frequency synthesizers, high speed mixed signal control systems, and other RF electronics. The ideal candidate will be working through all phases of the development process ranging from bid proposals to product qualification and delivery.
- Conduct circuit design and analysis
- Perform Hardware testing and validation
- Technology development and road mapping
- Responsible for the cost and schedule estimation
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 9 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Control Systems or Communications and 7 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience in designing and testing RF, digital, and analog circuits
- Proficiency with MATLAB and PSpice
- Knowledge of control systems and feedback theory
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SSBI/SCI security clearance
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret or SSBI/SCI clearance
- Experience with the design and test of phase locked loops, frequency synthesizers, and high speed mixed signal control systems
- Experience with requirements development, system integration, and flight/production test activities
- Experience supporting proposal activities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top