RF Microwave Design 3 Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a RF Microwave Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. The successful applicant will be assigned to support RF design, analysis, and test of passive RF Microwave weather sensors/systems, subsystems, and components. Specific assignments may include testing of RF subsystem and RF components, performing CAD simulations, supporting anomaly investigations, deriving RF requirements, performing system analysis, managing RF suppliers, and supporting receiver integration and test. Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs.
Note that this role will work 1st shift with a flexible start time between the hours of 6:30 am and 9 am. Some off-shift work will be required as needed by the program.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or RF/Microwave Engineering with 6+ years of experience
- Strong background in RF/Microwave theory and fundamentals
- Experience in RF/Microwave hardware test and troubleshooting
- Experience in generating Engineering reports, documentations, oral presentations
- Familiar with RF lab test equipment and common lab equipment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools suite
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Strongbackground in RF hardware design(s) and analyses
- mmW receiver and/or component design, development and test
- Background in Microwave sensors or radiometers a plus
- Proficient with RF test instruments such as network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, noise figure analyzer, etc.
- Proficient in RF simulation tools such as ADS and HFSS
- Proficient in Labview test automation programming
- Proficient with Antenna theory and Antenna testing, a plus
- Experience in space-borne products is greatly preferred
- Active DoD Secret clearance or higher is desired
- Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or RF/Microwave Engineering preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top