RF Microwave Antenna Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a RF Microwave Antenna Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. The successful applicant will be assigned to perform Antenna design, analysis, and test RF Microwave antenna subsystems for passive microwave sensors/radiometers. Specific assignments may include antenna design, simulation, analysis, and test. Additional activities include supporting design reviews, subcontractor management, and root cause analysis. Additional responsibilities may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs.
Note that this role will work 1st shift with a flexible start time between 6:30 am and 9 am. Some off-shift work will be required as needed by the program.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics. (Electrical Engineering degree is highly desired)
- Minimum 9 years of relevant product development, test, or delivery experience
- Strong background in antenna theory
- Experience in antenna hardware build and test
- Familiar with common RF lab test equipment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools suite
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Strong background in a ntenna testing and antenna range operations
- Quasi-optical antenna systems and concepts (i.e. frequency selective surfaces, polarization selective surfaces, microwave lens design)
- Reflector based antenna design and analysis
- Broad band/narrow band feed horn design and analysis
- Familiarity with antenna alignment and bore-sighting techniques
- Familiarity with analysis tools such as MathCAD, MATLAB, GRASP10, CHAMP and HFSS
- Radiometer fundamentals
- Experience with RF test instruments such as network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, power meter, signal generator, noise figure analyzer, etc.
- Experience in space-borne products is greatly preferred
- Cost Account Management (CAM)Experience is a plus
- Demonstrated experience leading a technical team
- Secret clearance or higher
- Masters of Science degree with emphasis in Antenna Design preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top