Resource Manager - Mgr Team Leader 1
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
The Resource Staffing Manager will be responsible for directly managing the recruiting and hiring efforts of a large (200 FTE) Software Development and Maintenance program. Successful candidate will be detail-oriented with good communication, organizational, and forecasting skills.
This role will report to the Skill Center Manager and will work collaboratively with all entities involved in the given projects, including program leadership, project teams, business management, human resource, talent acquisition and subcontractors.
Roles and Responsibilities
The following are the expectations of the PSPD Resource Manager. This list is not all inclusive:
- Understand the software development life cycle and the roles that contribute to it
- Create and maintain Talent requisitions for required program skill sets
- Conduct a technical review of candidate resumes and track through team review process
- Manage the Interview process from the Program's point of view
- Work with NG Global Supply Chain to post openings for Subcontractor partners and review resumes within the PSPD Program process.
- Maintain the PSPD staffing plan and forecast
- Prepare and track metrics and regular reporting of candidate status and program resourcing
- Facilitate of weekly staffing meeting with Talent Acquisition team
- Provide support for staffing requirements of new work assignment proposals
- Manage CBP Background investigation paperwork and process for incoming candidates
- Support CBP Onboarding and Off-boarding of candidates
- Assist with the management of technology assets and resources on the program
- Assist with the Facility resource management
- Own the NG Intern Program for the PSPD Program
- Must possess Bachelor's Degree 5 years of relevant experience; 4 years of additional experience may be used in lieu of a degree
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of people management experience
- Must have Excellent Computer, software skills with Microsoft Office product suite
- Must have excellent organization skills and the ability to keep detailed records for all contract-related documentation
- Must be a team player, motivated, self-starter and a quick learner with attention to detail
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
- Must possess experience working in a deadline-driven environment, handling and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Must have an active or be able to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites may be required. Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Prior experience with CBP
- Secret or Top Secret Active Clearance
- Experience with Atlassian toolset including JIRA and Confluence
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top