SWS Operations Repair Technician will support Trident II Launcher System testing at Launch Test Facility NAWCWD China Lake, Ridgecrest, CA.
The qualified candidate will disassemble, repair, assemble and test launcher hardware including electrical, mechanical and ordnance components and perform preventive maintenance.
The following are the usual major job duties but this description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate for the assignment:
- Read and follow drawings, quality provisions, security directives, safety procedures, documentation, and verbal instructions, as required.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of launcher hardware including electrical, mechanical and ordnance components and provide training to lower level technician.
- Locate sources of launcher hardware failures including electrical, mechanical and ordnance component failures. Disassemble, repair, assemble and test launcher hardware.
- Apply and maintain a thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic measuring techniques. Provide training to lower level technicians.
- Obtain and maintain certifications for crimping, soldering and other designated skills in ordnance component repair.
- Maintain tools, equipment, and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- The qualified candidate has to be able to disassemble, repair, assemble and test launcher hardware including electrical, mechanical and ordnance components and perform preventive maintenance.
- High School Diploma and 4 years of related experience.
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top