Remote Sensing Analyst 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Remote Sensing Analyst 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Systems Analysis & Simulation (SE&I) IPT of the Global Strategy and Mission Solutions (GSMS) organization. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA .
The selected candidate will support the development of modeling and simulation of remote sensing payload and constellations.
Modeling and Simulation tool development and analysis for multiple small programs, trade studies, and CRAD activities
Maintenance and Development of real-time/Monte Carlo simulation toolbox in Matlab , C, C++ or other similar programming languages.
Collaborate with colleagues to provide analysis for contract efforts as well as research and development activities
- Establish and maintain a repository (unclassified and classified where possible) of modeling data for rapid starts on new projects
- Bridge architecture models with physics based performance simulations and with campaign modeling efforts across the SA&S IPT to develop a Models Based or model-centric engineering approach
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and2 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
- Practical working experience with STK, Matlab, or other related modeling tools
- Technical experience with C, C++, Perl or Python
- Demonstrated knowledge of payload sensor and constellation modeling
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret Security Clearance with current SSBI access
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Operational Research, Applied Mathematics
- Experience with coverage analysis, orbital mechanics
- Working knowledge in various aspects of architecture modeling for Space and/or Unmanned Aerial Systems (air/space vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications)
- Experience in MBE development and integration of models for performance and functional analysis
- Strong communication skills required to support frequent customer interactions
- Team player/ leader with strong analytical skills
Back to top