Reliability, Maintainability and Safety Engineer 2/3
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications business unit of the Airborne C4ISR Systems division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
We deliver complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers." Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED)countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
Major responsibilities of the Reliability, Maintainability and Safety Engineer will include:
- Perform Reliability, Maintainability and Safety Analyses on Military electronics, with emphasis on:
Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis
Reliability Prediction using PRISM or Telcordia Methodologies
Root Cause Determination and Corrective Action
Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action Administration
Reliability Growth and Qualification Testing
Environmental Stress Screening development and test plan generation
Safety Hazard Analyses and corresponding mitigation
Thermal Analyses using FLOTHERM
- Act as Reliability Engineering lead on Military programs, ensuring compliance with customer reliability requirements, effectively interfacing with customer reliability specialists, presenting reliability requirements and reliability analysis results at customer design reviews and internal management reviews.
- Support new business proposals, reviewing customer reliability requirements, providing labor cost and schedule estimates to accomplish required reliability tasks.
- Develop Reliability Program Plans to document and control reliability tasks and activities required for specific Military programs.
- Interface internally with Electrical Design Engineers, Component Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Functional and Program Management.
- Support internal training program, mentoring junior engineers/interns in Reliability Engineering, including performance of reliability analyses.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
Typical Minimum Education / Experience for a level 2: 2 years with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (BSME/EE) or related field of study, 0 years with a Masters.
Typical Minimum Education / Experience for a level 3: 5 years with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (BSME/EE) or related field of study, 3 years with a Masters, 0 years with a PhD
- BSEE/ME in a related technical field
- 2 years of experience performing FMECA, Derating, and Reliability Prediction analyses
- Candidate must be a direct communicator with excellent time management skills
- Basic MS Office proficiency in Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of MIL and Industry specs governing Reliability. Maintainability and Safety Engineering / Analyses
- The position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an active Secret (or higher) clearance at the time of hire.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top