Reliability Engineer 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill the position of Manager, Systems Engineering in the Engineering, Manufacturing, & Sciences (EM&S) at our Huntsville Site.
The successful candidate will support analysis tasks for the Integrated Air and Missile Defense – Battle Command
- Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
- Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
- Complies and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics; investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards. Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering programs to achieve company, customer and governmental agency reliability objectives.
- May develop mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks.
- As necessary, proposes changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
- May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing, and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain statistically
- Bachelors in Science in an Engineering field with 9 years of experience; Masters' Degree with 7 Years of experience; 4 Years with PhD
Experience with PTC Windchill Quality Solutions Reliability Analysis Software or other reliability software analysis software
- Reliability Block Diagrams
- Performing FMECA analysis
- Reliability Growth Curve models
- Tracking failures and corrective action implementations
- Performing fault tree analysis (FTA) on systems and subsystems
- Must be well organized self-starter, effective working independently, and highly
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to read and understand drawings/schematics/wiring diagrams/technical documents
- Experience with MIL-HDBK-217
- Experience with 217Plus
- Statistical analysis background
- Design of Experiments background
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top