Reliability Engineer 3 (El Segundo, CA)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Reliability Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA.
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing technical support in the areas of reliability and maintainability analysis for continuing F/A-18 production and for F/A-18 developmental programs.
- Background in performing R&M analysis of aircraft
- Experience related to assessing and addressing R&M requirements for design development activities
- Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- R&M predictions and allocations
- Program plans
- R&M design influence, requirements assessment and tracking, and maintenance task analysis
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be able to collaborate closely with hardware designers, suppliers, prime contractor, and program leadership. Candidate should also have good analytical skills, knowledge of industry tools used to conduct Reliability, Maintainability, and Logistics analysis, and experience with software analysis tools used in R&M analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 7 years of reliability-related engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in STEM and 5 years of reliability-related engineering experience
- Knowledge of core reliability and maintainability analysis and activities
- The ability to obtain DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance and program access
- Bachelor's degree in technical field (Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematical, or Computer Science disciplines)
- Experience with hands-on R&M analysis and modeling skills for military aviation hardware
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Active, In scope DoD Secret, Top Secret, or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top