Release Train Engineer Sr
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Release Train Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Northern Virginia.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) facilitates an Agile Release Train (ART) at the Program/Essential Configuration level and then is responsible for program execution, escalating impediments, managing risk, and helping drive continuous improvement for the ART. RTEs are responsible for facilitating Program events including Program Increment (PI) Planning, System Demos, and Inspect & Adapt. The RTE ensures mission execution, coaches at the Program and Team levels, and provides guidance in Agile, Scrum, DevSecOps, and Kanban.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leads and serves as the highest authority on the implementation and optimization of the Scaling Agile/SAFe methodology on the Program.
- Drives program and release level processes for an Agile Release Trains demonstrating servant leadership, coupled with domain knowledge and technical savvy.
- Serves as the organizational servant leader and facilitator for program events and activities for planning, executing, delivery and improvement, such as Program Increment (PI) Planning readiness and PI Planning events and activities.
- Mentors and coaches Scrum Masters
- Guides design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer and stakeholder value streams.
- Manages and optimizes the flow of value of the Agile Release Train using a variety of tools and methods to ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Collaborate with the appropriate individuals to translate business strategy into technology strategy and ensure that capabilities required by the business are enabled.
- Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Applies advanced Agile, Lean and SAFe principles and skills. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Escalate and track key ART metrics, to include impediments and execution. Drive relentless improvement activities and events.
- Performs functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships. Identify resources required for each task.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Must have 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors in Engineering or related field, 7 years with Masters; 4 years with PhD.
- Passion for Lean-Agile principles and practices
- Experience in implementing and aligning Lean, Agile and DevSecOps methodologies, frameworks and tools
- Experience with SAFe 4 framework and implementation of Agile Release Train
- Previous, successful experience facilitating Lean-Agile Program Execution using the SAFe 4 framework
- Demonstrates strong sense of urgency, ownership and operates in a collaborative manner
- Possess requisite knowledge and expertise recognized in the professional community Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills in order to coordinate collaboration across multiple engineering disciplines, along with the ability to effectively motivate people to work as an integrated team across locations, companies and cultures
- Commensurate experience in IT and in new and related older technology that directly relates to the required area of expertise.
- Must be a US. Citizen and be ablet to obtain a DHS/CBP security clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE) Certification
- Certified PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified Scaled Agile Program Consultant (SPC)
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodologies, i.e., Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, Value Stream Mapping
- Demonstrable mastery in various competencies of Teaching, Mentoring, Transformation, and Facilitation
- Active DHS CBP or Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top