Release Management Lead
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Release Management Lead to support the DSS program. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
The Release Management Lead will support the planning and controlling of releases into pre-production (test) and production environments. Coordinate with all appropriate stakeholders the content and schedule of the rollout plan, testing plan, and all other documentation pertinent to the release. Ensure accurate information is coordinated with release packages and the configuration management system is updated. The contractor shall oversee all releases and deliver status/progress reports
A successful candidate will possess and apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. Will supervise others.
- Own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios
- Implement and manage release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
- Develop, update, formalize, and standardize the processes, procedures, and best practices for conducting day to day operational change, configuration, and release within the DSS IT environment
- Perform services using the latest industry best practices (i.e., ITIL) and conform to all DOD policies and regulations.
- Ensure changes are implemented in a low risk manner reducing operational impacts.
- The contractor shall deliver a monthly status report on audits, performance and configuration management metrics
- Work closely with CND, CS, DCO, and OCIO (including other third party contractors) to integrate and improve the overall process for conducting CM, Change, and Release, Enterprise Architecture, etc.
- Develop a formal communications plan that ensures governance and integration efforts are achieved.
- Develop, update, and maintain a rigorous Lifecycle Management Plan (LCMP) for all task area equipment, software, and hardware in coordination with Asset Management
- 10 years of experience with Bachelor's Degree (8 years with Masters).
- May accept 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5 years of experience in release management
- 2 years of previous release and/or project management experience,
- Experience leading, managing and/or participating in cross-functional IT projects
- Experience with Remedy BMC CCRM module applications.
- Active/current TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of ITIL
- ITIL v3 Expert
- CCMP certification
- Experiencing managing and executing the software build and release process
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification (CompTIA Security CE or equivalent)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top