Regulatory Compliance Business Analyst
Northrop Grumman Corporation is seeking an experienced Business Management Analyst 3 – Regulatory Compliance and Incurred Cost Preparation and Support. This important Corporate Office position supports the FAR requirement to submit annual Incurred Cost proposals while providing independent, objective direction and recommendations in accordance with government regulations and Northrop Grumman policies and procedures.
The primary focus for this position is twofold; (1) Compliance - coordination of compliance related matters with functional departments and process owners, providing compliance related training and answering allowability questions, (2) perform current year cost accounting transaction audits to validate expenses as allowable, while supporting DCAA Requests for information (RFI's) related to prior year submissions.. The ideal candidate will have a history of multi-tasking, a risk management approach on government compliance topics and the demeanor to work directly with management at all levels in the organization. This position will be located at our Corporate Headquarters in Falls Church, VA.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Federal Acquisition Regulation and Cost accounting compliance and allowability determinations.
- Supports audit requests, fact-finding, and negotiation discussions for Incurred Cost Proposals by gathering historical cost data on such activities as material purchases, labor, equipment depreciation, repairs, assembly, operating expenses, etc.
- Interact with personnel and management at all levels; will interface and coordinate with other business leaders and staff on a daily basis.
- Interpreting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the appropriate statutes and regulations and that regulatory reporting requirements are met.
- Identify and recommend to management areas for business/process improvement, compliance, or concerns regarding company policy/procedures.
- Provide guidance and training on cost allowability and be the primary contact for allowability questions.
- Perform research on upcoming rules and regulations and relevant legal cases and decisions.
- Will support ad-hoc request and special projects.
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years relevant business/financial experience or master's degree with 4 years of relevant business/financial experience.
- Basic understanding of government accounting regulatory environment
- Ability to perform data analytics to identify trends and provide recommendation action plans based on results.
- Comfortable preparing/briefing executive level presentations.
- Evidence of ability to work independently and apply sound judgment to problem solving.
- Must be able to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines, and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and Word.
- Experience interacting with DCAA /DCMA.
- Basic understanding of risk management framework and concepts.
- Internal or external audit experience.
- Proficient in use of SAP.
- Knowledge/experience with DCAA Audit Manuals/Programs.
- Experience in regard to validation of financial transactions and/or auditing.
- Knowledge of FAR/DFARS and other government regulations.
- Expertise in Word, Excel. Knowledge of SAP and MS Dynamics a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top