Receiving Inspector 2/3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a talented Receiving Inspector to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rolling Meadows, Illinois.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Assurance organization. The Inspector uses predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to visually inspect purchased and well as in-process build products such as electronic units and subsystems, precision electromechanical assemblies or mechanical units, subassemblies, structural flaws, internal defects, and missing welds using various measuring devices. Makes pass/fail decisions on inspected goods or systems and maintains records of results. Works with drawings, diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales, fixtures, customer specifications, inspection aides/instructions and checklists. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Performs line clearances after each lot to ensure all materials from the previous lot have been removed.
- High School Degree and 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in visually inspecting components, assemblies, systems and materials of various configurations for compliance with established customer specifications and quality standards
- Ability to identify defects or damage utilizing tools and processes to document the nonconformance in the appropriate systems
- Experience with the setup and use of measuring equipment; may include microscopes, micrometers, gauges, coordinate measurement machines, and other general inspection equipment
- Experience analyzing and evaluating actual dimensions and functional test results to verify conformance with established specifications and standards
- Experience verifying products against specifications using purchase orders, drawings or inspection instructions, and checklists
- Experienced in making pass/fail decisions on inspected goods and maintaining records
- Able to communicate effectively across functional departments to address quality problems and conditions, and assists in preventing the recurrence of defects by performing appropriate follow-up, inspection and evaluation activities
- Experience with general computer tasks i.e. Microsoft Office
- Some college/technical program training
- Experience in Quality Assurance in a manufacturing/production, mechanical/fabrication inspection and/or receiving inspection
- ESD/FOD, IPC-A-610, 620, 630 workmanship knowledge with experience working in controlled areas
- Familiarity with SAP-ERP or other manufacturing execution system (MES)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, FileMaker Pro products
- An Individual who requires minimum supervision and shows initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Communicates well, resolves problems at an early stage and works well in a group and in problem-solving situations
- Someone who works and interacts with diverse employees and cross-functional departments in a positive and respectful way
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top