Radar Systems Engineer 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector, Systems Engineering Group, is seeking a Radar Systems Engineer 4 to fill roles on multiple radar system programs.
As the lead developer of radars for some of the most advanced systems in the U.S. arsenal, Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems is a world leader in advanced radar systems and design. These include radars for the F-22, Joint Strike Fighter, F-16, B-1B, AWACS, MESA, G/ATOR and UAV systems such as Global Hawk. Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems is seeking a Radar Systems Engineer to fill roles on multiple radar system programs.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
Work with a team to perform advanced system and algorithm development using sound systems engineering approaches. Based on detailed trade studies and requirements analysis, develop modern solutions to satisfy current system requirements as well as future challenges. Perform functions involved in all aspects of design which can include:
- Investigating new algorithms to advance the state of the art in signal processing and sensor design
- Developing detailed simulations of algorithms and systems for design verification or to enable operational software development
- Designing sensor modes which satisfy requirements and maximize sensor performance
- Collecting and analyzing data from laboratory or flight tests
- Providing end-to-end system integration and test support
- Formally verifying solution meets requirements
Opportunities to incorporate advanced techniques such as machine learning, adaptive signal processing, image processing and understanding, multiple hypothesis tracking, distributed resource management, graph-based methods, data fusion, and statistical analysis of system performance.
- Applies technical expertise consistent with formal education, and holds some knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Performs work without appreciable direction as well as under the direction of more senior staff.
- Aids the successful completion of major programs and may function in a team leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) in Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or a similar technical discipline with 9 years of related experience (see job description) or 7 years with a Master's Degree, 4 years with a PhD.
- Strong experience in radar systems.
- Strong interest in the application of radar signal processing.
- Current/Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Master's Degree in EE, Physics, Mathematics or related technical discipline.
- Current/Active DoD Top Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top