Radar Systems Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector, Systems Engineering Group, is seeking a Radar Systems Engineer 2.
As the lead developer of radars for some of the most advanced systems in the U.S. arsenal, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a world leader in advanced radar systems and design. These include radars for the F-22, Joint Strike Fighter, F-16, B-1B, AWACS, MESA, G/ATOR and UAV systems such as Global Hawk. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Radar Systems Engineer to fill roles on multiple radar system programs.
Work with a team to perform advanced system and algorithm development using sound systems engineering approaches. Based on detailed trade studies and requirements analysis, develop modern solutions to satisfy current system
requirements as well as future challenges. Perform functions involved in all aspects of design which can include:
- Investigating new algorithms to advance the state of the art in signal processing and sensor design
- Developing detailed simulations of algorithms and systems for design verification or to enable operational software
- Designing sensor modes which satisfy requirements and maximize sensor performance
- Collecting and analyzing data from laboratory or flight tests
- Formally verifying solution meets requirements
Opportunities to incorporate advanced techniques such as machine learning, adaptive signal processing, image processing and understanding, multiple hypothesis tracking, distributed resource management, graph-based methods,
data fusion, and statistical analysis of system performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics or Mathematics with 2 years of related experience (see position summary) or 0 years with a Master's Degree.
- Professional signal processing experience (or a Master's Degree that included signal processing electives).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance or higher.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top