Quality/Mission Assurance Engineer 1
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Quality/Mission Assurance Engineer 1 to join a dynamic, innovative team that produces a variety of electronic, mechanical, and electromechanical assemblies and subsystems. This position will be located in Lanham, MD
The Quality/Mission Assurance Engineer will be responsible for assuring quality and conformance of incoming materials and components as well as articles produced by the program. The successful candidate will also support the program's Quality Management System, assuring continued compliance with company and external certification requirements.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
- Define and monitor quality and mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success
- Perform or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements in accordance with contractual requirements
- Develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for producing electromechanical sub-assemblies and assemblies
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are established, communicated, and adhered to
- Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment
- Design and analyze quality inspection and testing processes, conduct quality assurance audits
- Collect and evaluate data to assess the impact and determine root cause and corrective actions for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Conduct root cause/corrective action on nonconformities; participates in Continuous Improvement activities
- Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements
- Use knowledge of electronic components, mechanical components and material used for production of space flight hardware to assess compliance with program requirements, contract, and engineering documentation
- Coordinate the Preliminary Material Review Board to disposition nonconforming material from both supplier and production
- Conduct audits of the Quality Management System to ensure compliance to company policies and procedures as well as to the AS9100 standard
- Coordinate the calibration control for the site; review, approve, and distribute out of tolerance reports
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of one year experience.
- Experience in a high-reliability field such as aerospace, space flight, medical etc.
- Quality and/or engineering experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Knowledge in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality
- Must be capable of working independently with minimal supervision while meeting expectations in support of the program
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor's Degree and two or more years of experience
- Experience using document and records control systems
- Experience with ISO 9001, AS9100, or similar quality standards, to include auditing
- Familiarity with ERP/MES systems (SAP, Solumina, etc.)
- Lean Six Sigma training/certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top