Quality Systems Assistant 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is recruiting for a Quality System Assistant to support our Quality Team in our Clearfield, UT location.
The Quality System Assistant assures production hardware and test articles meet engineering and configuration requirements by validating as-built vs. as-designed configuration data. Successful candidate reviews manufacturing records (electronic and paper) to ensure compliance to engineering and configuration requirements. Prepares End Item Data Packages and presents to the customer buy-off. The Quality System Assistant will also prepare reports and analysis of data to support manufacturing review and investigations. The candidate will also be required to support the generation of inspection reports and other duties as necessary to support operational success. Candidates will be required to have high organization and communication skills, investigating and problem solving capabilities and attention to detail. They will need the ability to interact and respond to customer needs and questions in preparing and presenting End Item Data Packages for part sell off.
- Candidate must have 2 years of quality experience in the aerospace, defense or related industry
- Candidate must have an active DoD clearance
- Candidate must have good computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Power point)
- Candidate must demonstrate understanding of quality functions and requirements, including engineering drawing, configuration management
- Ability to understand configuration/engineering requirements to build selloff documents according to customer specifications
- Experience or knowledge with material review board (MRB) processes and handling of product nonconformance
- Decision making skills based on policy, experience, company heritage business process and customer requirements
- Be able to understand, dissect and data mine configuration engineering and as built data
- Aptitude for learning procedures and making sure work is performed to procedural requirements
- Ability to multi task, prioritize, adheres to written procedures, and experience with AS9100 requirements, standards, and compliance issues
- The ideal candidate will also have a basic understanding of PES (lean) and Continuous Improvement
- Ability to work under limited supervision and tight deadlines
- Ability to recognize off nominal situations and to speak up
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit/stand for up to 9 hours each day
- Frequent typing, repetitive wrist motion, up to 8 hours each day
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as required by business need
- High School Diploma or GED required (education will be verified)
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, ePIC & Costpoint is preferred
- Positive individual who is willing to expand currentskill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with abilityto work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Able to solve problems
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverseenvironment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highmotivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant,team player
- Strong verbal and written communicationskills
- Must be able to work independently, as well as, part of a team
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top