Quality Inspector Lead
Astro Aerospace, a Strategic Business Unit of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, is currently in search of a Quality Inspector Lead to support our Quality Assurance group at our Goleta, CA, facilities. Astro is the industry leader in space deployable systems, and since 1958, Astro Aerospace has enabled complex missions to Earth orbit, Mars and beyond with innovative deployable space structures and mechanisms. Our products have been successfully employed on hundreds of space missions with 100% successful deployments in space.
The Quality Inspector Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc.
- Records and analyzes data and writes summaries and reports to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
- Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO/AS standards and customer requirements.
- Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate documentation related to quality assurance tests and inspections.
- Provides quality training.
- Serves as a team leader for Quality Inspection.
- Provides guidance and direction to the inspection team members.
- Guides and directs employees in quality improvement efforts.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- High School Diploma with six (6) plus years of related experience in a precision measurement environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Proven commitment to safety and customer service.
- Experience using computer software including MS Office Suite.
- Excellent presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed.
- Positive attitude, exemplary attendance, and a reliable team member.
- Self-starter with solid follow-through and multitasking capabilities.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top