Quality Inspector 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently recruiting for a Composite Quality Inspector to provide support to our Quality team in our Clearfield, UT location.
This position involves detailed inspection of composites parts and assemblies throughout the manufacturing process of composite structures for quality and design verification in a fast-paced production environment.It requires knowledge and experience related to detailed visual inspections, dimensional inspections of machined parts and the use of standard measuring instruments. Other specific job duties include:
- Create end item data packets consisting of Certificates of Conformance, Indented Parts List and Configuration summary for internal and external inspections
- Ensure all required end - item documentation is included and complete
- The incumbent has the authority to halt work temporarily
- Complete customer source inspections for detail parts and assemblies
- Interface with program engineering and customers on Material Review Board issues
- This job has decision-making responsibilities with regard to the acceptance or rejection of work and tests performed and the determination of measuring equipment used.
- Inspections vary from close tolerance dimensional checks to general surveillance of the work in progress
- Candidate must have 3-6 years of inspection experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment
- Must have Active DOD secret security clearance
- Candidate should have technical strengths in composite processing, operations, and inspection
- Must be able to use standard measuring inspection tools/equipment
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints, technical specifications and operating procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Schedule for this position is as follows:
- Monday through Friday, 3:30 p.m. 1:00 a.m.
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must be able to work overtime as business need requires
- Work is performed within the confines of standardized Company and industry policies, practices and procedures
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required (education will be verified)
- Experience or training of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) preferred
- Experience with Orbital ATK internal environmental, production and quality systems
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High aptitude for learning
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Back to top