Quality Inspector 2
- Huntsville, AL
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Quality Inspector to join our Mission Systems sector. This position will be located in Madison, Alabama and support the Huntsville Manufacturing Center within Mission Assurance, Missile Defense and Protective Systems Division.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Inspects, verifies and validates parts and assemblies of mechanical, electrical, structural components or systems meet engineering and program requirements.
• Visually and physically inspects installations and rechecks work after rework, adjustment or repair.
• Monitors and verifies that product quality is in accordance with engineering drawings, work instructions, and other control procedures.
• Reads and interprets blueprints, diagrams, and specifications.
• Basic understanding of AS9102 First Inspection Report, generating FAI package for external customers.
• Maintains necessary inspection documentation, writes inspection reports, and enters inspection data and defect information into a computer database.
• Frequently interfaces with internal teams across the organization and external customers and contacts.
• Participates in team activities and provides expertise and guidance for effective problem-resolution.
• Audits processes and activities in accordance with documented procedures.
• High School Diploma
• 2 years of related work experience in the inspection of one or more areas: electrical, mechanical fabricated parts, or cables and assemblies.
• Experience with and the ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and specifications.
• Experience maintaining necessary inspection documentation, writing inspection reports, and entering inspection data and defect information into a computer database.
• Good communication skills and the ability to interact with stakeholders across the organization and external contacts and customers.
• Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions timely and with a high degree of quality.
• Computer experience (MS Office/Excel).
• US citizenship, Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
• Dimensional Receiving Inspection of machined parts.
• Soldering and Electrical Assembly Inspection.
• Board Assembly Inspection with capabilities of some repair work.
• Mechanical Assembly Inspection
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top