Quality Engineering Manager 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Quality Engineering Manager 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Space System Division (SSD) Programs Supplier Quality Manager will report directly to the Director of Supplier Quality and will be responsible for all aspects of Supplier Quality across the Space Systems Division.
This individual will lead a team comprised of Quality Engineers and Quality Inspectors that are responsible ensuring incoming product meets all program requirements. The team provides receiving inspection support, non-conformance processing (Material Review Board), program Conditional Acceptance/Withhold Tag execution, Supplier Management Plans, and Root Cause and Corrective Action regarding hardware and Quality System non-conformances. The manager interfaces with Mission Assurance, Global Supply Chain, Program Management, and customer counterparts to ensure all Supplier Quality expectations are met and address any escapes / issues in a timely manner. The manager will also collaborate with counterparts in Supplier Quality and Mission Assurance both within the Sector and from other Sectors in support of Corporate initiatives.
This individual must have a basic understanding of Quality Management Systems, Space Programs, and Global Supply Chain in order to manage Supplier Quality risks across SSD programs and implement appropriate Supplier Management Plans and risk mitigation plans. The SSD Programs SQ Manager will develop and implement supplier quality evaluation and control systems to ensure supplier process and product quality, including contractual, regulatory, and technical compliance. This may require direct interface and active engagement with supplier personnel to establish up front requirements and drive root cause and corrective action for escapes throughout the product lifecycle. The manager must engage with new business in supplier evaluation, qualification, and selection as well as the establishment of requirements, flow-downs, budget, and appropriate staffing.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Engineering, Technology or Math)
- 7 years of quality or supply chain experience OR a Master's Degree with 5 years of experience
- 3 years of management experience
- Knowledge of AS9100, ISO9001
- Knowledge of financial organizational responsibilities; budgets, staffing plans, work load forecasting
- Ability to articulate and effectively communicate with the Program Office and Global Mission Assurance & Excellence Leadership, to include all customers
- Current and active SCI clearance
- Previous experience in Supplier Quality and/or Mission Assurance
- Previous experience in Functional Management (exempt and non-exempt)
- Previous experience estimating labor costs/proposal involvement (TDBoE experience)
- General knowledge of SAP, MESNC, Solumina
- General knowledge of Supply Chain processes
- Ability to mentor interns, entry level, mid, and senior Quality Inspectors and Quality Engineers
- Understanding of Space hardware (microelectronics and structural) manufacturing processes and acceptance testing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top