Quality Engineer / Principal Quality Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This position can be filled at either the Engineer (level 2) or Principal Engineer level (level 3).
Candidates must be able to:
- Understand and help implement root causes from non-conformance's
- Understand and assimilate large amounts of complex data, simplifying it for appropriate actions and communication;
- Provide problem solving approaches that are sensitive to and effective within a wide variety of cultural frames of reference, value systems and business practices;
- Assist in development of effective yet practical solutions, and eliminate organizational obstacles for implementing positive corrective actions;
- Provide substantive insight and contributions that add value; and
- Command respect.
- Review practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product quality.
- Understand technical and Mission Assurance (MA) requirements and ensure these requirements are integrated into specifications and product drawings.
- Provide information in discrepancy review, failure investigations, as well as cause and corrective action determinations.
- Support Mission Assurance at different review boards, such as a Corrective Action Boards (CAB), & Material Review Boards (MRB).
- Provide tracking and reporting metrics and provide data in support of internal and external MA briefings.
- Support root cause and problem solving analysis.
- Assist in monitoring the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) for systemic issues and take/make recommendations for Corrective Actions.
- Ensure approved tasks from Nonconforming Reports, Material Review Boards (MRBs) and Failure Review Boards (FRBs) are completed expeditiously.
- Working knowledge of J-STD/NASA workmanship specifications, with regard to Circuit Card Assembly (CCA), Harness and Space System Integration a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering Discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience for Engineer (level 2) or a minimum of 5 years of related experience for Principal Engineer level (level 3).
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain Top Secret level clearance
- An active Top Secret clearance.
- Able to read documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions.
- At least 3 years of experience in a space/aerospace environment within S&MA (or Quality Assurance) with increasing levels of responsibility.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top