- Plymouth, MN
Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
• Bachelor's (or higher) degree in a technical discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing)
• Minimum 2 years of experience in quality planning, tools and analysis in a manufacturing environment OR minimum 2 years of experience in applied engineering.
• Manufacturing background desired, familiarity with materials science, machining processes, and fine-electromechanical assembly desired.
• Strong background in inspection equipment, techniques and general knowledge of Metrology and Calibration
• Solid understanding of Drawings and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
• Solid Quality Tools skills (Statistics, DOE, FMEA, MSA)
• Experience in a highly-regulated environment
• Willingness to travel domestically as required (sometimes on short notice).
• Must be a US Citizen
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills with internal / external customers
• Efficient in computer skills, (SharePoint, Access, CAD, Adobe Acrobat)
• Strong technical knowledge (mechanical manufacturing, tools, gages, calibration)
• ASQ CQA, CQE or CQM
• Electrical circuits knowledge and printed circuit board design familiarity.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top