Quality Assurance Engineer
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We're committed to our employees' professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Engineer Software Quality works as a member of a team establishing a service center that assists in all aspects of the project. The Engineer will be responsible for the end-to-end testing of an agile software development project; responsible for working with the leads to coordinate and prioritize tasks via backlogs for sprint planning and setting schedules. Works with the team to ensure builds and baselines reflect accurate versions of software related to test phases; evaluates solutions for alternative methods of testing; and ensures all test documentation is produced in accordance with program standards. Candidate must be capable of working in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Provides development of project Software Quality Assurance Plan and the implementation of procedures that conforms to the requirements of the contract.
- Works with public health agency IT and partners to develop and implement technical requirements and provide guidance and resources for testing.
- Develops and document recommendations that will inform the establishment of a governance and sustainability structure/approach for the service center.
- Conducts software inspection, testing, verification and validation. Implements software development and maintenance processes and methods. Ensures measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- Develops overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives.
- Ensures that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contract.
- Reviews software design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and/or process requirements.
- Reviews include applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Performs or directs verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- 2 years of experience developing, modifying, applying, and maintaining standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures.
- 2 years of experience conducting software inspection, testing, verification and validation.
- 2 years of experience ensuring measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- 2 years of experience developing overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives.
- 2 years of experience ensuring that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contract.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field with a minimum of 6 years of experience.
- Previous CDC and/or Public Health experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top