Quality Analyst 3 - Redondo Beach, CA (SSBI required)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Quality Analyst 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will implement electro/mechanical hardware integration in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems. Be familiar with military/industrial process standards/specifications related to inspection to space grade electronic assemblies.
- Familiar with the Integration & Test QA processes for spacecraft/payload operations including discrepancy/disposition process, procedure review and approval, hardware and software configuration management, EAGE/MAGE processes and alignment operations
- Able to work with limited support from quality management and will be required to verify conformance to program specifications and drawings
- Coordinate problem resolution with engineering and I&T team
- Must have working knowledge of Preliminary Review/Material Review Board activities and understanding of root cause and corrective action process
- Prepare and conduct program internal audits and participate in AS9100 audits
- Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirement
- Certification in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies a plus
- Able to work with all levels of management and have excellent communication skills
- Able to work in confined spaces, climb ladders, elevated platforms, and work around sensitive equipment
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels
- Comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers
- Understanding of electronic and mechanical assembly drawings, work diagrams, customer specifications, inspection instructions, prescribed checklists, or other control procedures
- Familiar with the Integration & Test QA processes for spacecraft/payload operations including discrepancy/disposition process, procedure review and approval, hardware and software configuration management, EAGE/MAGE processes and alignment operations.
- Experienced with in-process and final satellite integration, test and launch on DoD, government and commercial programs, to include mechanical and electrical integration, system testing, near field range testing, mass properties, deployment testing and configuration verification for all activities
- Bachelor's degree
- 6 years of related quality experience in the defense/aerospace industry
- Experience in satellite system integration, inspection and testing
- Able and willing to work flexible work schedule that may include varying shifts, extended work week, holidays, weekends
- Able to work in confined spaces, elevated platforms, ladders, and around sensitive equipment
- Able to travel and work offsite for extended periods
- Must have a current and in-scope SSBI
- Experience assuring compliance with quality management system standards (i.e. ISO 9001/AS9100, AS9110, DCMA INST 8210.1, and in-house audits)
- Experience assuring compliance with environmental, health and safety standards (i.e. HAZMAT, OSHA, Audits and Job Hazard Analysis).
- Experience with Preliminary Review (PR) and Material Review Board (MRB) Authority related to structural, electrical and systems assembly installations
- Able Lift, grip, push, pull and hold 25+ pounds
- Able to work in and around Confined spaces to include but not limited to fuel tanks and ducts
- Able to push and pull own body weight to enter and exit confined spaces
- Able to perform moderately strenuous physical and repetitious work to include climbing, bending, crawling, stooping, and kneeling, lifting, working with arms overhead, leaning and laying
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top