Public Relations Representative 3
Put your years of experience into a future at Northrop Grumman, the leading global security company providing innovative solutions in unmanned systems to government and commercial customers worldwide. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Unmanned Systems communication division supporting a wide range of business functions, goals and objectives while facilitating the dissemination of information to internal and external audiences including employees, news media, customers, suppliers, teammates, government bodies, and the public-at-large.
Candidate must be able to do the following:
- Develop strategy and plan to manage the integrated communications for critical programs, products or strategic areas
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to execute all communications aspects of the strategy, including media relations, public relations, social media, advertising, digital assets, marketing materials, trade shows and events
- Study the objectives, promotional policies and needs of organizations to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products and services.
- Collaborate with program production and support personnel to produce or coordinate production of marketing materials and promotions.
- Confer with leadership to identify trends and key group interests and concerns or to provide advice on business decisions.
- Obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years’ experience in public relations, marketing, advertising or communications. Must be a skilled writer and/or editor familiar with AP stylebook.
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Developing relationships with and managing requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with representatives of the media, the community, customers, employees, and public affairs officers.
- Planning and directing development and communication of informational programs plans to build and maintain favorable perceptions of a company’s goals and objectives.
- Arranging public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits to increase product and service awareness and to promote goodwill.
- Leveraging social media to benefit communication campaigns.
- Preparing and delivery of speeches to further public relations objectives.
- Experience working in a large, matrixed and/or geographically dispersed organization
- Experience working for or with military, defense, aerospace or technology companies
- Skilled in coaching client representatives in effective communication with the public and with employees.
- Support marketing and advertising space and time as required to promote client’s product or agenda.
- Plan and conduct market and public opinion research to test products or determine potential for product success, communicating results to client or management.
- Demonstrate curiosity and maintain currency in the changing communications landscape of new trends, technologies and capabilities
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top