Public Relations Rep 3 (Redondo Beach, CA)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of major technological advancements throughout our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Public Relations Representative 3 position in Redondo Beach, CA.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develops, plans, and conducts public relations and public affairs programs to improve and support company business objectives with the media, public, industry, stockholders, and employees.
- Plans, writes and disseminates information utilizing print, broadcast and/or intranet/internet media. Writes and edits press releases, media materials, speeches, scripts, articles and business presentations. Influences public opinion and policy decisions through strategic communications activities.
- Corrects inaccuracies and acts as company's spokesperson and develops relationship with media and advocacy organizations. Identifies, secures and prepares key opinion leaders and internal spokespeople to provide perspective and insight to the media.
- Works closely with global communications, marketing, international relations, and other departments to provide communications counsel on business needs.
- May represent the company at press conferences, briefings and presentations on company issues. May participate and support advertising campaigns, and/or edit material for organization publications. May supervise work of outside consultants, including public relations agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University or Institution 6 years' minimum experience in direct Public Relations/Public Affairs and Global Communications – OR – Master's Degree 4 years' minimum experience in direct Public Relations/Public Affairs and Global Communications.
- Strong writing skills for both short form and long form content.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Aerospace Defense or Government sector experience.
- Active DoD Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top