PSPD Skill Center Leads - Manager Team Leads
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
The qualified applicant may become part of Northrop Grumman's team to support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD supports a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
Northrop Grumman is seeking qualified team leaders to drive forward the Skill Center that supports the CBP PSPD Program. Skill Center Leads will oversee and support the efforts of team members supporting multiple concurrent large and complex projects. The Skill Center Lead will collaborate with technical leads and other skill center leads to assist staff by providing strategic vision and guidance. The Skill Center Lead will have formal individual performance discussions with the staff twice a year as well as more frequent discussions on individual goals and career growth and development.
In addition to providing functional leadership, the role will provide hands on project support. The duties of the project role include one of the following: filling a project role Business Objects, Automated Testing, System Engineering and Analysis, or Java Development to fill current openings on the program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This role will work directly on an Agile Project Team requiring hands on technical skills based on the selected candidate's experience in either Business Objects, Automated Testing, System Engineering and Analysis, Java Development.
- Management of direct reports/project staff, i.e. timesheet approval, performance review, career guidance and coaching
- Interface regularly with customer, potentially
- Work with Skill Center Manager to engage development staff and create a collaborative work environment
- Collaborate with other center leads to organize inclusion activities
All work will be performed on site at CBP offices in Northern Virginia. Some local travel to various CBP sites will be required.
- Ability to fill program position in either Business Objects, Automated Testing, System Engineering and Analysis, or Java Development.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project staff and customers to solve complex issues
- Must be a team player, motivated, self-starter and a quick learner
- Must have or be able to obtain DHS/CBP security clearance
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and documentation skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum is required.
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset, including JIRA and Confluence is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Prior experience with CBP
- Certified ScrumMaster, Agile Professional or equivalent
- Ability to develop individual and group training plans based on program specific needs and industry trends
- Candidates with Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top