Proposal Operations Manager
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Proposal Operations Manager position in Palmdale, CA.
This position's duties include:
- Directing all phases of Program Proposals from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of Proposals. Strategically leads the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Acts as primary customer contact for Enterprise proposal activities. Directs the work of employees assigned to Proposal from technical, business, and program areas.
- Leading the strategic capture and proposal activities for all efforts across the Enterprise. Leading the Proposal Teams by providing direction and support, while utilizing individual skill sets and providing developmental opportunities through stretch assignments.
- Collaborating and coordinating with proposal technical teams in developing the material estimating strategy by interfacing with Business Management, Procurement, Supply Chain Program Management, Program Office, and Pricing Organizations.
- Establishing proposal processes, structure, documentation, and timelines. Accountable for all proposal deliverables including, but not limited to: Leadership & Customer reviews, Proposal Volumes (cost, technical, and management), RFI responses, and negotiations.
- Ensuring that all estimates conform to Customer and FAR Regulatory Requirements. Interacts with intersecting functional areas to troubleshoot issues in support of proposal requirements and deadlines.
- Supports fact finding, audits, and customer negotiations and ensures TINA compliance during all aspects of the proposal process.
- Responsible for submitting compliant and compelling proposals. Supporting proposal efforts, develop business development project plans, and work collaboratively with an extensive team.
- Must have a history of delivering results, maintaining a high-level of commitment to personally getting things done, delivering top quality products, making good decisions in a timely and confident manner, solving difficult problems through careful and systematic evaluation of information, possible alternatives and consequences and taking complex issues and solutions and describing them in a simple manner.
- Travel may be required to support critical program elements.
- Top Secret DoD clearance (Current, Active).
- Minimum of 10 years of directly related Proposal Operations work experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Science, or 8 years with a Master's Degree.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated work experience with estimating and pricing concepts, FAR, TINA, and US Government / DoD Customer expectations.
- Working knowledge and professional experience with various government contract budget types (i.e. various Fixed Price, Cost Type, and IDIQ)
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Program Access to Special Programs.
- Prior successful experience in pricing strategy, capture and proposal operations. Previous experience in a leadership position: leading a program, project and/or personnel.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top