Northrop Grumman Technical Services sector is seeking a Proposal Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified person will become part of Northrop Grumman Technology Services Civil Information Systems Operating Unit. This position will be located in McLean, VA.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Proposal Manager will lead proposal development efforts and Request For Information (RFI) response efforts for the Civil Information Systems Operating Unit.
- This will include compiling cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) and RFI specifications.
- In concert with the Capture Manager, she/he will develop Bid & Proposal estimates.
- Will coordinate the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from the capture manager, technical leads, past performance leads, key personnel leads, contracts, HR, subcontracts and pricing.
- She/he will research and analyze historical data, develop cost models to support proposal efforts, participate in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives.
- She/he will also be responsible for submitting compliant and compelling proposals. You may have a role as a member of the contract negotiating team.
- The successful person will work closely with Operating Unit Leadership Management, account management, business development leads, pricing, contracts, technologists, and delivery organization team members to identify successful proposal development strategies, pricing strategies, as well as supporting pre-RFP activities in support of multiple capture activities.
- This will include assessing Northrop Grumman’s market position versus competitors and determining common technologies and partnerships required to scale within the customer’s technical environment.
- She/he will support proposal efforts, develop business development project plans, and work collaboratively with an extensive team.
- You must have a history of delivering results, maintaining a high-level of commitment to personally getting things done, delivering top quality products, making good decisions in a timely and confident manner, solving difficult problems through careful and systematic evaluation of information, possible alternatives and consequences and taking complex issues and solutions and describing them in a simple manner.
Travel may be required to support mission critical program locations and customer locations.
- A minimum of 10 Years with Bachelors in Science; 8 Years with Masters; 5 Years with PhD, with significant experience in project management, requirements gathering, and software / systems engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble and lead a team that will attract and obtain major new IRS opportunities.
- Prior successful experience in pricing strategy, capture and proposal operations
- Requires ability to obtain a Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI) security clearance.
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or possess a minimum 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top