Proposal Manager 2
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce, we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
The Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Proposal Manager 2 to join our growing team of diverse professionals in either Herndon or McLean, Virginia. The selected candidate will work with teams creating compliant, compelling business proposals that result in winning new business with US and international customers.
- Develops and executes proposal plans, estimates resources (people, schedule, and budget), analyzes RFPs, creates outlines and compliance matrices
- Engages with Capture Manager to craft proposal strategy and develop compelling messaging that addresses the strengths of the Northrop Grumman offering
- Creates compliant, compelling proposals that clearly and succinctly address the RFP requirements
- Ensures on-time delivery of proposals and document lessons learned to improve processes.
- Performs volume lead and writing assignments in support of other proposal managers
- Must have one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, management, or business discipline with a minimum of 6 years of relevant proposal experience
- Master's degree in a technical, management, or business discipline with a minimum of 4 years of relevant proposal experience
- A minimum of 3 years of specific experience in proposal management
- Must have experience leading proposals with valuesgreater than$50 million
- Experience leading proposal volumes and/or performing as a writer on proposals
- Must be willing to travel as needed (up to 25%)
- Must be able to work on-site in either Herndon or McLean, Virginia
- Proficiency in SharePoint
- Experience with agile processes and tools
- Excellent skills in critical thinking, writing, editing, visual element planning, and BOE development
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills in creating successful proposals targeted to US Federal and/or DoD customers
- Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top