Proposal Analyst 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Proposal Analyst - 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops, plans and schedules proposals in accordance with Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements that impact the cost, labor, schedule or technical elements of the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization
- Coordinate the collection of data from functional departments for use in proposals
- Research and analyze historical data to develop cost models to support proposal efforts
- Participate in fact-finding and/or audits with customer and/or US Government agencies including coordinating necessary activities to support
- Participate as a member of the contract negotiating team
- Provide quarterly GSC Estimates at completion (EAC's) for major contracts in support of the division quarterly financials
The Ideal candidate would possess estimating skills such as:
- Familiarity with application of terms like:
- Escalation, Accounting Calendar, Equivalent Person (EP), Level of Effort (LoE), Cost Estimating Relationship (CER), Parametric Estimate, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Summary Cost Elements (SCE), Cost Centers and theory behind Improvement Curves/ Learning Curves/ Quantity Adjustment Curves
- Ability to pull actuals (SAP a plus) and analyze historical actuals for use in proposals
- Ability to evaluate RFE SSOWs and relate to departmental SOWs
- Ability to document and support a Task Description and Basis of Estimate that complies with the Proposal and FAR requirement
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of experience in Material cost estimating, Proposal analysis or Global supply chain experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Specifically Excel and Word)
- Working knowledge of government contract environment (FAR & DFARS)
- Must hold an active DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain & maintain a Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance
- Previous experience with SAP
- Working knowledge of cost accounting standards, generally accepted accounting principles
- Familiarity with the concept and application of Learning Curves
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top