Proposal Analyst 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Business Management Team supporting Global Supply Chain as a Proposal Analyst 2.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited:
- Perform price and cost analysis on the various elements of supplier cost proposals
- Analyze data such as direct labor hours, past performance, costs of previous procurements, and/or comparison to similar items/scope
- Participate in fact-finding sessions via telecom or at suppliers site
- Submit written supplier cost analysis reports in support of Customer proposal and engineering change efforts
- Prepare Procurement Review Board (PRB) briefings showing supplier proposed vs. negotiation objective positions by major element of cost for supplier negotiations
- Respond to requests for information in support of internal and external customers/auditors
- Research and analyze historical data and develop cost models to support proposal efforts
- Participate in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives
- Provide cost analysis in support of program objectives
- Consolidate Bill of Material requirements in support of price/cost analysis
- Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
- Function well in a team environment
- Ability to multitask within a dynamic environment is critical.
- Intimate background with GSC Subcontract/Procurement requirements, FAR proposal adequacy and execution requirements, Prime proposal SOW/RFP requirements
- Ability to prepare cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors
This position is located in El Segundo, CA with an estimated travel requirement around 10% of the time. Travel may be domestic and/or international.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3years ofexperience in one or more of the following: price/cost analysis, material estimating, project management, proposals, accounting, finance, cost estimating, pricing,procurement, contracts or subcontracts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Specifically Excel and Word)
- Ability to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel)
- A degreein economics, business or engineeringfield from an accredited institution.
- Working knowledge of government contract environment (FAR & DFARS)
- Previous experience with SAP
- Working knowledge of cost accounting standards, generally accepted accounting principles, and accounting/proposal auditing techniques.
- Familiarity with the concept and application of Learning Curves
- Ability to obtain and retain aDOD secret clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top