At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aProposal Analyst 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The main responsibilities of role include:
- Develops, plans and schedules proposals
Compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications.
- Coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments
- Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost models to support proposal efforts
- Coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings
- Participates in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives
- Participates as a member of the contract negotiating team
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in one or more of the following: Price/Cost Analysis, Material Estimating, Project Management, Proposals, Procurement, Contracts/Subcontracts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Specifically Excel and Word)
- Ability to change physical locations based upon need (including physical ability to travel)
- A BS/BA degree in Economics, Business or Engineering field from an accredited institution
- Working knowledge of Government Contract environment (FAR & DFARS
- Previous experience with SAP
- Working knowledge of Cost Accounting standards, generally accepted Accounting principles, and Accounting/Proposal auditing techniques.
- Familiarity with the concept and application of Learning Curves
- Able to obtain and maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the DoD Secret or Top Secretlevel
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top