- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman Space Systems has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, on the Moon, and beyond - from systems engineering, spacecraft manufacturing, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, orbiting space platforms and revolutionary launch vehicles. From the launch pad to orbit, we deliver everything from missile systems to spacecraft to launch and command and control systems. Northrop Grumman makes the impossible in space possible, every day.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Property/Asset Management Manager in our Redondo Beach, CA office. Other locations may be considered.
This position will be responsible for overseeing management systems, manuals, policies, command media, and regulations to ensure contractual and continual accountability of government, customer, and company assets within the Strategic Space Systems Division. The Government Property Manager will be responsible for ensuring property control activities, and accountability of government property, are in compliance with corporate policy and FAR Part 45 property regulations. This management position is also responsible for all external interface with DCMA and Government customer points of contact with respect to Government Property matters.
This position will require managing a staff of a geographically dispersed property professionals and will require travel to various sites to perform internal assessments and training as required. It will also report directly to the Sector Director of Contracts, Property and Operations.
- Candidate will manage diverse group of property professionals responsible for company, customer and US Government owned property.
- Coordinates activities for both direct and indirect reports at site and business unit levels,
- Acts as the focal interface with new projects, government agencies, customers, and company management on topics that relate to Asset Management.
- Develops, implements, updates, applicable Property Management Plan, including policies and procedures for the business unit, to ensure assets are managed throughout their life cycle. Ensures all current and new asset management systems and process are compliant with requirements and regulations (e.g. FAR 245, DFARS 245) and company polices.
- Main POC for all government, customer and company asset audits. Develop root cause and corrective action plans when required.
- Works with management teams within the business unit and sector to develop innovative solutions for complex processes and issues.
- Advises management of critical project completion dates. Develops and recommends alternative schedules and recovery plans.
- Oversees department budgets and develops recovery plans for budget overruns. Establishes proposal estimating data sheets for asset management activities. Attends and supports EAC meetings and PMR and IPT meetings as applicable.
- Oversees the Corporate mandated SOX process, ensures and enforces compliance.
- Negotiates rent and usage charges and purchases of government assets, with Contracts, Program Management, DACO/CACO/DCMA and other agencies or customers as applicable.
- Performs data analysis to mitigate asset business system risk, identify opportunities for improvement and plan for resource requirements.
- Manage internal contractor self-assessment schedules and reviews.
- 15 or more years of progressive experience, of which the majority are Property related and at least 5 years in a supervisory/lead capacity
- Possesses strong leadership and communication skills, ability to counsel, coach, develop, and motivate staff of professionals
- Ability to work with diverse levels of internal/external customers, i.e., DCMA, OEM Customers
- Must have an understanding of asset administration principles, theories and concepts as well as a solid working knowledge of FAR 52.245-1, 45, and DFARS 245.6, 252.245-7003 and other applicable FAR, DFARS, DoD, and NASA regulation.
- Must have knowledge or understanding of MMAS, ISO/AS9100, and SOX standards that impacts asset management.
- Must an active Top Secret security clearance with an SSBI or SCI.
- Certification as a Professional Property Manager (CPPM) preferred
- Strong PC skills especially with Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Deltek CostPoint and Asset Smart Management System a plus.
Back to top