Property/Asset Control Support 3
- East Hartford, CT
Property/Asset Control Support 3
Adaptive Optics Associates - Xinetics (AOA Xinetics), a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Space Systems, Payload and Ground Systems Division Business Venture, is currently seeking a Property/Asset Control Support 3 to support AOX business activities in East Hartford CT and Devens MA.
AOA Xinetics (AOX) designs, develops, and manufactures precision, advanced optical products and systems such as deformable mirrors, optical systems, adaptive optics control systems and silicon carbide optical structures for the U.S. Government, commercial customers, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. Markets for these technologies include civilian astronomy and semiconductor capital equipment as well as defense ISR and Directed Energy. Several potential direct and adjacent application areas also exist.
AOX delivers industrial photonics systems and development services for a variety of customers and applications. AOX excels in a range of applications from adaptive optical systems, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, precision actuators, to photonic systems that acquire and process data in real time for a variety of high availability applications. AOX's capabilities include lightweight passive and active hybrid CERAFORM silicon carbide optics and precision structures as well as large and small precision opto-mechanical systems supporting electronics and sophisticated controls software.
Reporting to the Government Property Administrator, the PACS 3 direct responsibilities include contributing to the management and analytical activities associated with asset business systems to ensure company, customer and US Government property on/and offsite, are managed in accordance with applicable regulations and policies to achieve best value and operational excellence.
- Maintain property accountability records with regard to acquisition, receiving, identification, record keeping, movement, storage, inventories, consumption, utilization, and determine condition and arranges disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment
- Will conduct internal and external property assessments and analyze results for financial and operational purposes, and provide guidance on contracts and regulations pertaining to property life-cycle management
- Supports, and contributes to the development, recommendation, and implementation of property management policies
- Prepare periodic and special purpose reports relative to matters such as taxes, leasing, insurance, facility usage, etc.
- Creates shipping documents for Government and Customer Assets, as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of related work experience in property administration, materials management and/or inventory control
- Computer proficiency level using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills related to customer interaction, strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices
- US Citizenship is a requirement of employment
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance
- 2 or 4 year business degree
- Experience with US Government property administration, property accounting and/or asset management
- Working knowledge of government programs, policies, work methods and manuals with particular emphasis on the contractual requirements related FAR Part 45, FAR 52.245-1 and DFARS
- Certified Property Professional Specialist (CPPS) Certification
- Experience working directly with DCMA and DCAA during government property audits
- Knowledge and experience with Material Resource Planning (MRP) Systems
- Knowledge of Deltek CostPoint Government Contractor ERP Software Systems
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Position is located in East Hartford CT and will require 10-20% travel to Devens, MA facility
- Ability to handle and inspect very fragile, very expensive objects without damaging them
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time and light physical effort required.
- Ability to pick up 50 lbs safely
Back to top