We are seeking a Project Manager to support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Division within the Defense Manpower Database (DMDC).
The successful candidate will have strong project management skills and complete understanding of software development principles, concepts and techniques.
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
Oversees the execution and completion of projects
Develops, implements, and tracks project metrics to report performance
Work collaboratively with all entities involved in the project and will serve as a liaison between customers and technical teams.
Coordinate activities for the team and gather metrics for reporting purposes and process improvement.
Prepares, develops and maintains the project plan and schedule to meet all project objectives
Routinely tracks plans and schedules activities, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts.
Utilizes project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
Assist with the definition of strategic direction of various DMDC products
Assist in improving organization standards and guidelines.
Conducts presentations for customer meetings as required
Assists management with recruiting, facilitation of meetings, conferences, and travel Provides budget analysis, labor planning, and coordination of activities between client and company personnel
- B.S. degree 10 year experience, or M.S. degree 7 year experience, or Ph. D 3 year experience.
- Experience capturing, verifying and managing requirements and requirement traceability in support of product development, test and delivery
- Ability to analyze existing development lifecycle processes / procedures to identify possible refinements & enhancements
- Experience with large interconnected systems
- Outstanding verbal and written skills are essential
- Excellent conceptual, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with the Microsoft product suite, including Word, Excel, Project, and Vision
- Experience with issue tracking products
- Ability to work as a member of a team on complex tasks
- Familiarity with agile and other software development methodologies
- Familiarity with government environments and standards
- US Citizenship and an active Secret level security clearance.
- Experience working within the DMDC PSA division.
- Active Top Secret clearance and Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Strong knowledge of best practices for developing requirements, including but not limited to the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- PMP certification
- Experience with querying and analyzing data
- Software application development experience a plus, including familiarity with the various phases of the software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Jira and MS Share Point
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top