Project Manager 4 - Top Secret Clearance - Rancho Bernardo, CA (OR) Palmdale, CA
Title: Project Manager 4
Company: Northrop Grumman Corporation
Location: Palmdale, CA
Travel Required: Yes, up to 10% (travel will be to other local office sites)
Relocation Assistance-eligible: Yes
Type: Fulltime, Direct-hire, Salaried, Exempt
Shift: 1st shift, 9/80 condensed shift schedule
Level: Sr. Level (Bachelor's Degree and 10 years' experience; Master's Degree and 8 years' experience)
Security Clearance Required/Type: Yes, Top Secret with Program Special Access
Clearance Required to Start/Type: Yes, Final Top Secret
Northrop Grumman Corporation, an Industry-leading Aerospace and Department of Defense (DoD) Contractor Company, is hiring a Senior Project Manager within the Aerospace Sector. Suitable locations for this position are either Rancho Bernardo, CA or Palmdale, CA. There will be infrequent periodic travel between local Southern California offices.
As a Project Manager 4, you will oversee and manage operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between project management and planning, project teams, and line management. This particular position will focus primarily on providing Senior-level support to high-level program management, integrating between technical and business communities to support program management office (PMO). In this role you will perform both horizontal and vertical program integration, delivering information up/down and across all technical Integrated Project Teams (IPT). You will apply deep experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and proposal preparation to help drive and develop execution plans for new proposals, lead baseline development upon award, support change management, support risk and issue process, and drive execution.
As a level 4 you will be expected to deliver on responsibilities with little-to-no oversight and will be tasked to work largely independently, even at some times serving as interim program manager when required.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets
- Manages schedules and prepares status reports
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
- Drives proactive risk management and issue resolution with internal and external customers
- Bachelor's degree (or higher level of completed education)
- 10 years of experience in Project Management (8 years' experience acceptable with a Master's Degree or higher)
- Active OR Current, In-Scope DoD Top Secret Clearance (Current, In-Scope = BI within 6 years, less than 2 years inactive)
- Experience with earned value, risk management, and proposal support
- Advanced skills with MS Office products Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project
- 2 years' experience providing Sr. project management support to Program Management-level leadership within Government, DoD contractor, Aerospace or Military fields
- Active Special Program Access (SAP/SAR)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
project manager project management pmo program manager program management budget cost risk portfolio project management office dod top secret degree technical technology proposal earned value evms ms project
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top