- Lanham, MD
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Lanham, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's ATS program. Our group is chartered with providing high quality, reliable hardware to government and commercial customers in the space arena. We provide services from design through manufacturing. You will have the opportunity work with all facets of space flight hardware in a small group where individual contributors make a big difference.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will oversee and manage specific tasking of ongoing projects and serve as the liaison between the Program Manager, project team, and line management. You will also:
• Review the status of projects and budgets.
• Manage schedules and prepare status reports.
• Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with Program Managers, line managers, and customers.
Our group is chartered with providing high quality, reliable hardware to government and commercial customers in the space arena. We provide services from design through manufacturing. You will have the opportunity work with all facets of space flight hardware in a small group where individual contributors make a big difference.
• A Bachelor's degree with 3 years, or Masters with 1 year of work experience in project management in a multi-disciplined engineering and manufacturing environment.
• Experience with SAP or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and MS Office applications including Excel, Word, Project, and Power Point.
• US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance per business requirements.
• Experience with cost, schedule, project leadership, and/or process improvement.
• Experience with bases of estimates, shop order creation, and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
• An active Secret clearance TS/SCI or able to obtain one.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top