Project Management 4
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Project Control Specialist IV to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Topeka, Kansas. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Services Center Repair Facility Group.
Oversees and coordinates operational aspects of ongoing projects. Serves as liaison between engineering, project management, program team management and site leadership. Review and provide status of project resources and budgets. Manages schedules and prepares status reports. Drives program execution and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer goal and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress. Enabler for problem solving across multiple platforms and business requirements.
Develops metrics for monitoring program and project progress. Provides program health and status when required. Provide input to Engineering and business management office in support of program execution. Notifies appropriate personnel of key schedule issues. Able to work a fast paced constantly changing environment with minimal supervision. Reports directly to the engineering manager for priorities.
- 8 years related experience with a Bachelor's degree or 6 years related experience with Master's degree; Four additional years of equivalent experience is accepted in lieu of degree
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office suite.
- PMP Certification or equivalent
- Must be able to work in an office environment with multiple competing priorities.
- Must be able to work with minimal oversight and influence others to get the job done.
- Must have a strong understanding of program and project execution in a complex program environment.
- Must be able to obtain a USPS Sensitive clearance.
Current/active Position of Public Trust clearance
Bachelors or Masters Degree
Key attributes for this role are having a complete understanding of MS project, excel, and word and be able to articulate program status with metric reporting.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top