Project Management 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Project Management 3/Operations Project Management (OPM).a to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The OPM 3 will work within an IPT and support F35 engineering, production and change management in all aspects of fabrication and assembly operations
- The Operations Project Management (OPM) 3 leads and directs activities between System Engineering, Manufacturing,Engineering, Global Supply Chain and Operations to develop cross functional manufacturing build plan execution schedules.
- This position is responsible for coordinating schedules, manufacturing requirements, and cost visibility to both the Program Office and the Customerwhile maintaining quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Work to targeted cost and schedule requirements.
- Facilitate internal meetings to support design, production, and problem resolution.
- Represent manufacturing at any of the Program Review/Change Boards meetings and create / manage any applicable manufacturing risks and/or opportunities from the program risk register.
- Support and generate proposal documentation as needed to foster new work.
- Acting as a leader or member of a product team, responsible for product-level requirements analysis, design, engineering and fabrication of the products assigned
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience with project managementin a multi-disciplined manufacturing environment; OR Masters Degree and 4 years of experience with project management in a multi-disciplined manufacturing environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- Ability to communicate with multiple levels of the organization having excellent presentation skills.
- Experience working within an Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Experience with manufacturing engineering and their interaction with associated tooling
- Masters Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- Lean Manufacturing principles and/or process improvement (Green Belt or Black Belt)
- Experience performing Production Readiness Reviews(PRR)and bringing new products to volume (high rate) production
- Experience with Risk Management, Return to Green (RTG) plans, and Scheduling cross functional activities
- Experience in Firm Fixed Price contracts and earned value management knowledge.
- Experience with Microsoft Project
Back to top